welcome, first winter storm warning of the year

Welcome, and by welcome, I mean, fuck you.

I no longer have any expectations for the weather. I've lived in North Dakota my entire life, for a whole goddam twenty-two years, and I no longer have any expectations for the weather. Two days ago it was nearly seventy goddam degrees out. Now we're in a winter storm warning. Listening to the guys on the radio talk, they're saying things like "and snow, and winds ranging from 20-40mph"--just say it's a fucking blizzard, man, we know. 

I no longer have any expectations for the weather, but that doesn't mean I'm goddam happy about it. My car is fucking dying, I'm buying one off my brother, and while I'll be glad to have a car that can make it up hills at more than 10mph (seriously, the Boy is dying), I'm trading a fucking SUV for a Grand Prix. My boy is a 1999 Ford Explorer, and one thing about him is that if he starts, before this whole new 'I hate hills' thing, if he started, he could make it through anything. Plow straight through every drift. Boy's a beast, you know.

I do live in town now, but there's still shitty roads in town.

I mean, this snow is probably not going to stick around. Looking at the weather, it's gonna be snowy and cold and shitty (I'm talking highs at about 34) through next Wednesday, but then by next Saturday we're supposed to get rain and up to almost 50. So this batch will probably melt.

But there's nothing like a fucking blizzard warning on October 10 to kickstart that seasonal depression, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post