sleep and energy and guns'n'roses

I don't sleep.

This isn't like a, 'oh i can't fall asleep' or I'm 'tired all the time.' It's just. I don't sleep. I mean, obviously I sleep, but I don't sleep all that much, like, this morning I woke up at 7:30 and that was weird, like, normally I'm up between five and seven, sometime in there, and it's not like I generally go to bed super early, either; normally I'm at work until 10:30/11, and I normally have some shit to do before I go to sleep. Like, five or six hours is my normal. Five or six hours is what I function best at, honestly; sometimes when I get more I'm more tired, and that shit's weird.

It does take me a little bit to fall asleep. I've started listening to music as I fall asleep lately, and that's been helping, even though my music taste is the kind that makes Spotify.me tell me to calm down.
So most of that music is fine, except "Rocket Queen" or "Nightrain" because those songs just make me  vibrate, man, those songs are like, fuck yeah man, like, I'm an extrovert, all right, and when I go to work, that's some time around people, and so by the end of the night I'm fucking hyped, man (which is probably why it takes me a while to fall asleep), but if I was listening to my copy of Appetite before hand I will start the night at eleven and it only goes up from here folks. ' So I try not to listen to Guns'n'Roses while trying to sleep, at least not "Appetite", because I wanna blame the drums on it, because let's be real here, the drums are a solid seventy-five per cent of that album's feel and groove and everything. 

And, you know, after Appetite is when they got the new drummer which is stupid and I'm not over it even though it happened six years before I was born which does tend to be the trend with Shit I'm Not Over. See also Cliff Burton's death (eleven years before I was born). 

And before you blame caffeine, I'm down to two cups of coffee a day, at least on days I work, sometimes if I don't work I'll have like four, but that's just because I eat more meals on days I don't work because my general way of consuming caffeine is a cup of coffee after every meal and on days I work, if I have a split shift especially, I just have breakfast when I get up and a really big meal at 1:30 instead of having all those little meals. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post