nano approaches

It's October 15th.

This means it's halfway to November, which is important for a couple of reasons. First up, Slayer's coming to Fargo, so that's pretty cool. Second up, the temperature is steadily dropping, but if we're lucky we might stick around in the thirties through November, hopefully, probably. Also, thirdly, NaNoWriMo.

I've been doing NaNo since 2011--that was my first year. I've won every year, because I'm not going to fucking lose, why the fuck would I do that. I've had years that are better and years that are worse--highlight, I think, being last year's 100k in 12 days, with the first 50k being done in four fucking days, Jesus Christ Aurora. I've done 130k before. I've done 51k before.

So, what am I doing this year?

Hell if I know.

It's only October 15th and I'm a fucking pantser. I have zero clue what I'm going to write about. I have a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head, and I figure, whichever one's the loudest November 1st, that's the one I'm going to go with. Last year I tried to pick what I was doing before the first of the month and then the first of the month came around and I started something different. So there's no use, really, in picking something so early.

But I'm pumped! I was honestly considering whether I was really going to do NaNo this year or not, since I have done. Several. First drafts already this year. By several I mean eight. That's almost one a month. That's because I wrote my entire 'shitty 80s horror series' this year, which was four, and then I also wrote four other ones, because I don't have any self-control when it comes to first drafts and it was the summer of the constant first draft.

It's gonna be chill, though. I'm excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post