it's coming

Not my town, but other bits and pieces of NoDak got snow yesterday. I don't think it stuck. I don't know; there wasn't any in my neck of the woods. Neck of the giant flat wasteland. There aren't trees here.

Right now it's thirty-four degrees out. Next Tuesday it's supposed to hit sixty-nine, which is what I am pretty much living for at this point. Sixty-nine and sunny. Maybe there'll be a little bit of hope left. And like, I know it's October and all, so it's not like I'm surprised. I'm just sad. I'm just starting to get that little feeling of hopelessness, you know? I half-expect to look outside and see a foot of snow on the ground. Even though my car doesn't stop starting until you get below-zero temps, I have expect the boy not to start every time I go out there.

Note to self, I gotta find an extension cord for that bad boy so I can plug him in when it gets cold.

Winter is coming. There is nothing we can do about it. We had our summer and it was beautiful; not as hot as we have had, not many tornadoes, maybe a ridiculous amount of rain but I only remember one tornado touching down anywhere in my county. I think it's sleeting outside right now. When I look out my window I see something moving past.

Welcome home, seasonal depression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day