welcome back into my consciousness gone series i guess?

So, I still count the Gone series by Michael Grant as like, my favorite series as all time, because that bitch has got everything. Cannibalism. Murder. Attempted lynchings. Worms eat a boy. It's a great time. Seriously, though, that series was dark, and it still amazes me that it was a cover buy for me. 

And I'm not talking the newer, nicer covers. Oh, no, I'm talking these fuckers:

But something just. Lit in the center of my soul again, and all I want to do is re-read this goddam series. Keep in mind, I still have 1050 unread physical books. That is an exact count. Except, no, it's not, because it doesn't count my Kindle or my books I have yet to haul. The actual count is something more like 1050+ books. 

So yesterday I decided that what if I take some books out of the book wall? What if I just... go... and... yeah, I had another copy of Gone in the book wall. I think the fact that I can very rarely justify re-reading books really adds to me buying books I already own just so that I can re-read them, but to be fair, it is Gone in the new cover? Like, the non-horrible one that I love? 

I haven't even read the sequel trilogy yet. I have all three books in hardcover in the book wall, and I have not touched them, because I am scared. Light absolutely destroys me every time I read it. It's such a fucking perfect series, beginning to end, and I am so satisfied and destroyed with 'blaze of glory' that even though I know that I will read Monster, Villain, and Hero eventually, they're in the book Wall, I have to, I am terrified. 

But, well. C'est la bee. Here I am sneaking glances toward my Gone books as they sit haphazardly on top of stacks of read books in my office that have not made it onto a bookshelf yet because I only have two shelves and a crate and so I just haven't had space for all of my read books yet even as I weed them as I get more shelves and alphabetize. 

I gotta read more books. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post