creative/professional goals for 2021

 So, upon going through my archive it turns out that the only real goal I made for 2020 was my Goodreads reading challenge, which I kinda knew from the beginning that I wasn't going to hit, and I, uh, didn't--I hit 129/340, not even half, though I guess it's possible I'll hit 130 before the day turns, so there's that. But! I've got some creative/professional goals for this year! Let's see!

  • Goodreads reading challenge 2021.... let's put the book wall into a random number generator... I'm at 1047... random.org gives me... oh for fuck's sake
Yeah, this isn't happening. Let's... maybe... no, this is just what's happening now. Fuck me. 

  • I'd like to get my actual certification to teach! I'm running on an alternate access license now, but my program is just one year, unlike the two years that technically the state gives you to get your license, so I've gotta finish that. Then next year I can keep teaching. 
  • I would like to keep knocking out my loans. Once I've got those paid off I'd like to get a Master's in Library Science, but I know that's not happening next year. As of the end of 2020, I'm sitting at ~23000 left. Which is like, I put a lot of cash toward those loans this year. Thanks, my new rule of 'if you buy books online you best be putting that much toward your loans too, buddy.'
  • Speaking of, the fucking book wall. Uh. I don't have a plan for that one. I think I've just like, given up on controlling it? I've accepted my inevitable death of being killed by it one day. So that's going to continue to grow, and I fucking know it is. It grew at least 100 books in 2020, and that's with me having some modicum of control over it for a quarter of the year. I'm unchecked now. Who the hell knows what'll happen? 
  • Writing! Um, I would like to finish and publish two books. I think that's likely to be the second in the Vendettic series, Sacrifice, and possibly the second Tinon book? I might get Pentalogy of Hell 2 done as well, in which case I'll be able to publish 3&4 as well. But my goal is officially to publish two books. 
  • I hit 1000 subscribers on YouTube in 2020, which is fun! I know that I don't exactly put a lot of effort into my videos, but it is wild to me that people do enjoy them, at least on some level. So, thanks for that one. I don't have subscriber goals, but 2k would be cool, I guess? 
So we'll look at this at the end of 2020, and see if we hit our goals. My thoughts are that no on no. 1, yes on no. 2, no. 3 is more vague so yes, I guess, no. 4 is less of a goal and more of a "I'm giving up!" so I guess, yes, no. 4 I'd guess yes, and no. 5 I have no fucking clue. So, we'll see what happens here. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post