nobody knows what theyre doing. especially english majors.

I had my employee evaluation for work today. This wouldn't be worth mentioning, except I figured I should mention that, since I'm graduating, I'm probably not going to be sticking around much later than May.

Finals week is next week. After that, I've only got one semester of college left and then I like, gotta be an adult or something.

I don't know what I'm doing with my life. Or even with my 'career.' Or 'job after college.' Or 'way to not be homeless/living at home with my parents.' And like, I don't think it's super bad? It's just, people ask me what I'm doing once they clear up that I'm just English and not English Ed and I just get to smile and look vaguely at them and say, "Well, the farthest I have planned ahead is I'm dying my hair on Friday."

I mean, I know I'll figure something out. Shit usually works out, I've realized. And if I just keep edging west, eventually I'll be. Somewhere west, I guess. Chasin' that American dream, or something?

It's like, all I've been doing is just listening to my tapes and sometimes a podcast (listened to the Wrongful Conviction episode with Jason Baldwin this morning, nearly bawled my eyes out.) Been going on a lot of walks. It's unseasonably warm. The snow was melting today. Thanks global warming. But like, it's warm enough that I want to be outside and cold enough to chap the hell out of my skin. So like that's chill. Go to bed every night with lotion pinpricks of pain on my legs but it's chill.

Guess I'll just keep reading books and eventually die, or whatever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post