so i haven't been writing lately

I mean, this isn't like, I'm in a writing slump or anything cause I straight-up just don't believe in writing slumps. There's been times where I really haven't been feeling my project and I sat down and pumped out three pages anyway. Believe me, I'd love to be writing right now. It's just that I'm in research mode--I've got two and a half more books to read. And when I'm done with that, it's not even writing time yet. After that it's 'somehow smash these two first drafts into one first draft' time. And then it's... retyping? I don't even know. I did a weird thing with this project, and for some reason, I've decided that instead of letting it rest like I normally do and like is normally recommended for writing projects, I need to go straight back in. This is a need.

I've noticed, though, in not actually writing or working on anything where I actually put words on the page that aren't scribbled notes in margins, is that a) I think these blog posts are getting more fun b) my journal entries at night are getting longer and c) my essays are getting. Kind of weird. I mean, like, my last essay actually got a better grade than the previous one in that class, but they're--weird.

It is weird for me to not write. It is not natural for me to not be writing. It's gotten to the point where my mind is kind of wandering back to my previous Favored Project, just because I can't do anything with this one until the research is done.

Don't get me wrong, I do love my previous Favored Project. It's just not the project I eat sleep and breathe anymore.

So I haven't been writing lately and I think, long story short, it's kinda driving me a little bit nuts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post