holy shit i actually like metallica like, a lot

So, I didn't think that I didn't like Metallica. I knew the songs when they came on the radio--by the songs, I mean "Enter Sandman",  I knew "Enter Sandman" when it came on the radio--and I didn't mind it. When the idea of a half-sort-of method writing my NaNovel this year popped up in my head, and part of that being listening to a fuckton of Metallica, I was like, sure. I wasn't not looking forward to listening to Metallica (+other bands similar) for a month. I mean, "Enter Sandman" is a pretty sick song.

So I'm really liking Metallica.

In addition to a weird regression to a lot of things that haunted me during my freshman year grunge phase (thankfully, the full on Cobain obsession is not one of those things), I've been listening to the two Metallica CDs I checked out from my library on repeat. By the two CDs, I mean "Sanitarium", "Orion (Instrumental)", "The Unforgiven", and "Nothing Else Matters", because mostly I  just swap between the two CDs and solely listen to those four songs. Also I am currently bidding for some Metallica cassettes on ebay so wish me luck.

I don't know what it is. I like music with energy, I like screaming, I like heavy guitar. I've never been all that into metal, but I've liked what metal has birthed into the rock scene (grunge is sometimes seen as the lovechild of punk and metal; Alice in Chains is particularly metal-heavy, also emo was born from metal, too), but I've never been strictly, 80s 90s metal kind of person. Like I said, I liked the songs when they came on the radio.

But I'm liking this. I'm liking this a lot. Who knew, huh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post