guess what, devil's knot is not great for your back

So I watched Devil's Knot tonight. If you've been around the past couple weeks you'll know that I've been deep in WM3 territory lately. Just fucking obsessed with the case. And I've been waiting for this movie. I mean, apart from the fact that It's supremely stupid that I watched it tonight, given that I, at this point, 11:15 PM, still have an essay to write and a long video to watch, among other things, I am. I am glad I watched it.

I will say, I only cried once. I mean, tears only came out once. It was at the scene where Reese Witherspoon's character, Pam Hicks, goes to have the teacher correct Stevie's homework and then all the kids go up and hug her. I thought for sure I would cry more than that. But I didn't. Did not mean I did not spend most of the movie hunched over on a desk chair, my knees flat against my chest, bent all fuckin weird, shaking.

I mean, there were no tears. Except that one part. So.

But I will say. Even as someone who is fairly flexible, hunching in a desk chair in a cold college dorm room is like, not the best for the back if you do it for two hours, so I'm gonna have to take a break from homework sometime tonight and like, do a bridge or something to stretch it back out the other way. Would recommend the movie, though. Especially if you want to be sad. And angry. I'm curious as to how someone who knows nothing/the bare minimum about the case would react to it. That might be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post