two of a kind

When I was in elementary school, one of my favorite series to check out from the library was the Mary-Kate and Ashley Two of a Kind books. They followed Mary-Kate and Ashley in like, middle school style time, and they quickly moved into a boarding school setting, and they were so fun. I now work at the library that I went to as a kid, and we recently withdrew all of our Two of a Kind books.

I mean, fair. They are very, very early-2000s, and Mary-Kate and Ashley aren't exactly as big of a deal as they were when those books were coming out.

But I was blacking out barcodes and stamping the WITHDRAWN stamp and I decided to take a couple home with me. Just the ones that I picked up and was shot back into the past with; just the ones that I could remember vividly. So I picked three.

And then a couple days later, I found a couple books I wanted in the book sale room, and I grabbed three more. Now it wasn't anything to do with whether I remembered them or not, it was just the first three in the long shelf we have full of them. I don't think anyone else has taken them.

Then last night, I found one more book in the book sale room I wanted. So I grabbed three more again.

I think at this rate, I'll end up with all of them.

I did re-read one, right after I picked the first three up. It was like the experience of reading a Goosebumps book; it took like half an hour and I was done and it was a fun time! I mean, obviously, didn't exactly stimulate the mind the way other books might, not for a twenty-one year old who, one might say, reads way too much, but it's fun. And it's easy. And it's just... it's like working on my fall-back project. I don't expect anything of it so I can just have fun with it.

So I have about eight Two of a Kind books to read now. And I'm sure that as time goes forward I will amass more, because I know myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post