hockey

It's weird trying to get into sports at a later age, especially when you're not into any sports at all is because you don't come from a sports family. I feel like it'd be different if you were from a sports family and didn't care and then later cared, because then at least you'd have a base.

My family does not give a shit about any sports. None of them. Barely even high school sports that my brother plays (this might be because for the last three years, his basketball career has been reclining gently on the bench, hands folded on his lap). But I've discovered I like hockey. I like hockey a lot. Thanks, my-college-getting-a-hockey-team-sophomore-year.

So I've been trying to get into NHL stuff too, and it's... weird to try and figure out what teams you like and what you're into and also figuring out the sport, I had to learn how the sport works because my prior knowledge to two years ago was 'whatever was in the movie Youngblood, and I spent most of my time watching that movie looking at Rob Lowe's face, wait a second holy shit Keanu Reeves is the goalie.'

Most people in NoDak like the Wild, because we mooch off of Minnesota for literally everything (most people around here are also huuuuuge Vikings fans), but I don't want that. The Wild's fine, I guess (I've read a couple books about them, because those are the ones the library I work in has), but I don't want to get caught up in that sort of regionalism.

I found a Sharks jersey at the Salvation Army and I bought it because it was three dollars and seriously, those things are expensive, so now I do feel at least a little bit of loyalty to them. Also, the Golden Knights are pretty sick, and I just kind of decided that I like them now, too, and honestly, recent mascot news has made me like the Flyers a little bit.

you already kno what the fuck is goin on

i love it so much.

So I'm trying to learn about it. Trying to figure it out. Trying to learn the history as well as how the game works and what's going on now and it's an interesting thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post