what the hell i put out a new short story collection

 I like to put one out a year! So let's talk about TRUTH OR DARE.

First up, cover:


So, what's in here? More short stories than essays, but, you know, I write more short stories than essays even though I'm better at the essays. 

UNDERSTUDY is a very short, flash-fic story. 

OHIO IS FOR EMO KIDS is an Aughts Boys story! Read it for the ship you didn't know you needed. Also, I guess, spoilers for the Matt book

PIT STOP is an old, horror-y surrealist mess. I could've sworn I had this in a collection before but I looked through all my collections and I did Not.

 THE HORROR AT CAMP JELLYJAM: CAT NUMBER ONE is an essay about my cat, which I wrote the day after we got our cat. See cat below

TRUTH OR DARE, the titular story, is another Aughts Boys one. If you ever wondered HOW THE HELL ZEKE AND QUINN GOT TOGETHER BETWEEN ONE MORE SAD SONG AND HIT OR MISS, THIS IS THE ANSWER. Also, got rejected by Taco Bell Quarterly!

MATT KLEIN is a character sketch of Matt Klein, so, I guess, read this if you want the short version of Until I Fall Away.

MILE MARKER 342 is a short story that's also kinda horror-y. Originally posted in the Fargo Public Library's Northern Narratives. 

I HATE THE CLOUD is an essay about me being a physical media supremacist, mostly. Originally published in the Fargo Public Library's Northern Narratives. 

OVER AND UNDER is. Something.

THE BAT BIT THE CHILDREN is a fake horror movie review for a fake horror movie. 

STUCK is a six thousand word romantasy short story. That's what that is. There's a brief sex scene, so. You know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post