toooooo long

I have been reading my current book for like, eleven days. It is a pretty big book, so it's not like that's entirely awful and worrying, because it is a near-700 page book, I work, I have a boyfriend, I do things other than read. I'm also like, fourteen books behind on my Goodreads reading challenge.

This year, instead of looking at how many books I read last year and using that to gauge how many books I could theoretically read this year, I just put the number of books in the book wall (at the beginning of the year, 919) into a random number generator and ended up with 340. Never mind the fact that I've never read that many books in a year in my fucking life. Three books away I have War & Peace and dear fucking lord I'm reading like twenty books this year, aren't I. 

Okay, okay. I've already read four books this year. It's not like this book that I'm reading right now (An Instance of the Fingerpost, Iain Pears) is the first book I've picked up this year. And after War & Peace, the next ten I've got lined up are actually pretty short, so hopefully I'll be able to plow through those super fuckin' fast, you know. I've just got that book wall looming in the other room, you know, and I've got stacks of books to haul that aren't even counted as a part of the book wall--I don't know exactly how many, but it's been a while since my last book haul, it's on my list of videos to film, my first book haul of 2020, and every day there's that little bit of wondering if I will ever finish the goddam book wall.

Maybe I should stop entering Goodreads giveaways, because even though I'm way behind on reading those, I get so many of them. Maybe I'll do that. There we go, x'ed out of the tab. That's done now. No more of that. I mean, I've still got entries in and I've still got some coming, but--no more entering Goodreads giveaways. I buy three books for sure every month, I will continue to do that. I don't go IRL book-shopping all that often, so that's less of an issue.

Maybe 2020 will be the year the book wall stops growing? Hopefully?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post