goodreads reading challenge

There is absolutely no way I'm hitting my goodreads reading goal this year.

Last year I went for fifty, because I didn't hit it the year before and was like, well, let's do something you know you'll hit, and I ended up reading almost 140 books, so like, there you go. So this year I decided--what the hell, and put 919 into a random number generator because that is the current state of the Book Wall (I don't want to talk about it), and ended up with 340.

I have never read 340 books in a year. Never. Not once. My high is somewhere around 230. And, granted, I'm not in college anymore. That should, theoretically, help, except it doesn't seem to be, because the second half of the year I haven't really been reading all that much--these past few months I've averaged about six or seven books a month, when I'm usually somewhere around at least ten. Normally closer to fifteen.

I'm not like, upset about it. I know at least one reason why, and that reason's name is 'Steven', because to be honest working forty hours a week is not really all the much and I'm very glad that I live in a cheap enough part of the country that I don't have to have a second job or anything. And also I've got my writing and videos and all that shit, too (We're gonna ignore the fact that I've been falling behind on all that shit as well), but I guess--

I guess, long story short, maybe, if I have any sort of resolution for the new year, it's to work harder at all the creative shit that I've been kind of pushing to the side these past couple months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post