so what'd i do this year

The year's coming to a close now. Technically we've got like, a week left, and I know last year I did wait until January to post this, but what the hell, we'll run through it now, let's be real, what else am I going to accomplish in a week?

So, writing-wise:

  • dear god so many first drafts. Motherfucker. I did so many first drafts that NaNoWriMo was pretty much ruined, as everyone will see when I eventually post my NaNoWriMo vlogs, which I finally have all edited, but they're not posted yet because my uploading schedule is called what is called time-sensitive, I don't actually give that much of a fuck.
  • Finished WM3 project to the best of my ability. One of my critique partners has it currently.
  • Finished the very last first draft of the first book of my pet project! 
  • Got a bunch of shit in small lit magazines! There's a page up there with all of the links, go read them.
  • Am currently working on a heavy revision of Metallica project, which I think I started this year? I don't know, th is year has been a long one, because, on the personal note--
Personal-wise
  • I graduated college this year. BA in English. Hello, I am thirty thousand dollars in debt but it's not that big of a deal, I live in a cheap part of the country.
  • Speaking of, moved out, also. Worked for three months as a 9-1-1 dispatcher, really fucking hated it, and now I just work at a pizza place because, turns out, I was just kinda built for customer service, and I don't hate it, and now I'm really fast at cutting pizza? 
  • Again, I live in a really cheap part of the country and I'm young and have no dependents or health problems or anything so 11$/hr is fine to live off of, to be completely honest.
  • Got a boyfriend also. This one's pretty recent but you've probably noticed me never shutting up about him on Twitter because I'm one of those people now.  
YouTube?
  • I'm somehow almost at 1000 subscribers, which is amazing mostly because YouTube is like, the definition of something I literally just do for me/fun, as seen by my lack of timely uploads when it comes to 'okay, Aurora, it's October, why are you posting this right now?' and my terrible fucking thumbnails so, thanks, for some reason, people are watching those.
But here's to. An actual new fucking decade, huh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post