hot topic w h y

Hot Topic is maybe the only store that sends me e-mails that I actually pay attention to. And I know, I know: Aurora, is it 2011, are you listening to a steady musical diet of MCR and All Time Low, do you have a long neon fringe. Despite the fact that Hot Topic has 100% rebranded itself as a general pop culture store, those of us who were pre-teens/teens in the earlier part of the decade or sooner:

Yeah, that's the emo store.

But the thing is, the emo store has some really fucking good discounts, and yes, if I can get a giant Misfits hoodie half-off, I just might buy that giant Misfits hoodie. They have that super-good t-shirt sale a couple times a year. You can pile up your 5$ rewards and use them all at once, if you want, and if you get the base price under it, you don't have to pay tax or shipping! You don't! I don't know if this is a glitch or if they're just cool, but you get your total pre-tax, pre-shipping down to zero? It will stay zero.

It's fucking tight, man.

So they've been sending lots of good discount e-mails lately. I do have that 'guest list' Hot Topic thing, because Hot Topic is the best and probably the online store I shop at second-most--only beat out by eBay, my one true love.

Don't get me wrong, I love in-store, too, just, the nearest physical Hot Topic is an hour away, so especially in the winter I don't get there too often. But I will say, the last time I was there, they were having a great t-shirt sale. And it wasn't even their usual, 'buy one get one half-off' that they literally always have going on, it was 'buy two get one free' which is like, better. I always buy two when I go in anyway because of the aforementioned usually always happening sale.

But anyway. Hot Topic's the best, shut up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post