okay, hi again, brief emo phase

I think I've mentioned this before, but my emo phase when I was in middle school was really not an emo phase. I was mostly into pop-punk; last August/September when I had a real emo phase at the ripe old age of 21, I realized, oh, wait, no, I was actually just listening to pop-punk, like, the closest I got to emo was All Time Low, and they're pretty definitively pop-punk, just not as pop-punky as Sum-41 who were honestly probably my favorite.

But like, I'm back on the Pierce the Veil train, so that's fun. In my weird little thing I had last year before I got into the West Memphis 3 and then Metallica and then my entire personality now, Pierce the Veil hit me like a freight train and I was fucking obsessed for a good month and a half. Part of this is because Vic Fuentes has like the definitive emo voice, it's fucking fantastic, part of this is "Bulls in the Bronx", part of this is yeah I do have lyrics from "Caraphernelia" written on my black converse in black Sharpie.

So like, yeah, Spotify's confused, because I tend to be pretty consistent. I listen to a lot of Metallica, a lot of W.A.S.P., a lot of Megadeth. A lot of Guns'n'Roses. My usual like, straying from the norm tends to be on the route of maybe I'll go for Pink Floyd or The Who, or the one album by The Killers that I love with all my heart ("Sam's Town", if you're wondering). Also have been looking at Pierce the Veil stuff on eBay, because it's 'post-my-two-big-bills-for-the-month-and-I'm-not-what-you-would-call-super-smart-with-money.' You know, vinyl and shirts and stuff.

You know.

I dunno how long this'll last. I'm riding it out. Obviously I still love all of my old shit. I was listening to like, Rush this morning while I did dishes. We're just embracing some emo shit right now, too, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post