time management

I am starting to realize just how much of an advantage my lack of a social life is (was?) when it comes to getting shit done creatively. Long story short, I'm seeing someone now, and I am suddenly finding that I don't have a million hours a day to do whatever I want whenever I'm at work? I mean, I still do, but people take up an awfully big amount of time, and I don't exactly want to be ignoring this loser to write.

I mean, it's still pretty new, so, like, honeymoon phase, or whatever, and probably once we get used to it I'll be more willing to tell him to fuck off so I can work on stuff, but it's just--I don't think I've ever had 'great time management skills' like I used to say, I just never had any social obligations. Or any social... anything. I mean, I had friends and stuff, but I'm really fucking lazy about making plans and I'm honestly fine with like, not doing so--I like having time to do this shit. So, most of the time , nothing's a problem.

But now I'm running on, I haven't done practically shit since last Tuesday, honestly; I missed uploading yesterday (uploading, something that takes like two seconds of effort). It's not that I just am out of time, I'm also fucking distracted when I do have the time. I had the night off--just worked lunch. I've been doing whatever I want since one. It is almost nine. This is the first thing I've done. Writing this.

So like. God damn it. I'm not 'amazing at time management' I just 'never had a fucking life', I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post