like, chocolate's fine but i think i'm actually six years old

I've recently come to the realization that I'm... not a huge chocolate fan.

I mean, I like chocolate. It's fine. I like dark chocolate especially. But I've found that whenever I buy candy for myself, it's never chocolate. It's Mike'n'Ikes or Cherry Sours or Bottlecaps or gummy fruit or whatever. It's not chocolate, it's actually fruity sweet disgusting sometimes kind of sour (or Hot Tamales, don't talk to me about Hot Tamales, which I'm putting as entirely responsible for my freshman fifteen) that I gravitate toward. And it's interesting, man.

Also, candy that other people tend to see as gross. I don't know if this is my intense desire to separate myself from the herd exposing itself in my taste buds, but fuckin' bottle caps and Cherry Sours are the big examples of this. Also Circus Peanuts, black jelly beans (though that's a family thing), chalky Sweethearts, candy corn. I'm not like, super picky when it comes to candy, I'll pretty much eat it if it's seventy-five percent sugar, but my favorites, man--it's a treat if I can go and get Bottlecaps for supper after work.

Then it's also an experience of, Aurora, an entire box of Bottlecaps makes you feel sick, why do you keep doing this, why don't you just like, eat a handful and save the rest and then you can have Bottlecaps every day, how about, but I don't think I've ever taken more than a day to eat a box of Bottlecaps. Might take me a couple hours to finish a box, just gnawing away steadily, but never more than a day. I feel sick off of Bottlecaps right now, at this very instant.

This could also be because since moving out my stomach has both shrunk and become less okay with overt amounts of sugar (hey, a steady diet of Malt-o-Meal, coffee, noodles, and summer sausage'll do it to ya), because I'm pretty sure before college at least I could put away more than this. Shit, I remember in like sixth grade I could eat half a family size pizza by myself, and now I'm lucky if I can put away two or three pieces. Like, that's a stretch. Normally I go for one, and then I am Fine, Man, if I take two I'll need to move around so it's probably best I only have one.

So I dunno. Maybe the moral is I should spend more money on food than I do? I know that's the moral here. I'm pretty sure I spent more money on cassette tapes in July than I did food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post