ebay, ebay, ebay

I went on an eBay binge last night, again. It was semi-scheduled; I actually wasn't going to do it until tomorrow night or Saturday night, but since I work this weekend and an eBay binge is best done last at night while you sit hunched with your knees pulled to your chest as you scroll through sketchy-looking Guns'n'Roses Live at the Ritz DVDs from Brazil, I decided to push it back a few days so that I could do it late at night.

It didn't feel like an eBay binge, though, until I thought I was done, closed out of eBay and started balancing my checkbook (because I've got bids out, sure--but there were, uh, enough buy-it-nows) and then remembered that there were a couple other things I like, really wanted and had been gearing up for, so then I went back and bid on a fuckton of other things. Now it's a true eBay binge.

This did help me, by the way, because Amazon sent me some honestly really fucking good book suggestions to buy and it wasn't the 911 unread books in my bedroom that made me not buy them, it was the fact that I'd just spent a fuckton of money on eBay the night before that made me close out before adding any of them to my cart, so, good job, eBay.

I've branched out, though--I did bid on some tapes, and I did order a few tapes (maybe just one of them was a non-bid? I don't remember, but I think so), but I'm branching out. I got some more VHSes, some heavy metal home videos. I got a big patch for the back of my vest. I got a CD? I did bid on a new Walkman because part of me is thinking that I won't be able to fix my old one(s) even when my belts do come in, and I'm just, I'm getting more used to using the fucking Discman but I miss my goddam tapes, you know?

Yeah, I dunno, I just, I have a lot more fucking freedom with my finances when I don't get two tattoos in a month, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post