re-reading stephen king

This is something I do a lot, obviously; Stephen King is my favorite author, no matter how much I question that every time I read a Clive Barker book. But I'm re-reading IT right now, for about the millionth time I guess, and man--maybe it's just because the book's over a thousand pages long, but it feels different this time, almost?

I'm noticing different things, that's it. And I know this happened when I re-read The Stand earlier this year, too. I noticed different things. With that one, it had been longer since I'd read it, and they were bigger things I was noticing; character things. For this one, it's little paragraphs, details that I didn't pay attention to before. I even started bawling at around page 500, which is not my normal IT-crying-time.

Also, my copy I'm reading this time around, which is new-ish (new to me, but I got it off of e-bay to replace my nice hardcover I lent someone and never got back) has a fun amount of typos, which I'm a little curious about but it makes for a fun experience nonetheless. I'm also getting more out of the heavy metal references this time around, so, thank you newfound fascination with heavy metal tapes.

But I'm digging it. IT is 100% one of my favorite books, and might actually be my second favorite King book '(I've got to do a new top stephen king books, though, The Shining still probably won't be on it, random commenters on the last one, The Shining is good but I don't really like it all that much), and I'm pumped to finish it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post