whoa, bluetooth

 So, I just got my first pair of Bluetooth headphones.

I know, I know, it is The Year Of Our Lord 2021 and these shits have been available for actually ever, and just now am I getting my first pair, but keep in mind that I still have a Walkman. A legitimately Sony Walkman that I use to play my Metallica Cassette Tapes, Thank You Very Much. 

(I also know that I am only 23 years old and this is entirely the hipster in me that I keep denying.)

But they came today! To be honest, the only reason I bought them is because they did come with a cord (so, yes, I can use them to listen to my Metallica Cassette Tapes On My Sony Walkman), and... it's actually impossible to find a good pair of over-the-ear headphones without Bluetooth capabilities. I've looked. Believe me, I have looked. The only other pair of over-the-ear headphones are a pair I got with a GE portable cassette player that have the distinct disadvantage of only playing at a very low volume... of course, this becomes a positive when paired with my Sony Discman, Which Only Plays At Its Very Highest Volume. 

I do enjoy them. I am sitting here, at my computer, and my phone is charging in the other room and I am listening to my Tunes and if I don't want to listen to "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte I can skip and then suddenly I'm listening to "Baba O'Riley" by The Who and I can just jam. And if I decide I'm sick of the inner mega-instrumental bits I can skip and then! "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins! Shit's amazing! 

This is, I think, one of the best things about never updating my tech is that I do get absolutely enamored with this stuff that everyone else has been using for seven thousand years (the 8th graders, at least the Cool Ones, have over-the-ear Bluetooth headphones, because they're the hipsters of the high school and have rejected AirPods), and man it is so cool and I am so glad to have over-the-ear headphones again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post