the cycle

 I have come to realize something about my book buying ban habits, and that is that I really only tend to go on one when I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of packages of books coming in. Then as soon as they all come in, I'm straight back at it. This is unsurprising, and might be called 'pretty predictable, honestly,' but it does amaze me that it's taken me this long to realize it.

I'm still in the honeymoon phase of my book buying ban (well, not ban, restrictions) right now, and so I don't have any real feelings toward purchasing books other than it would be nice but I can hold off. It is also the honeymoon phase because I am reading like crazy. I'm hoping both stay on board.

I've been good with Camp NaNo, and doing enough work during the day that I don't have to do much, if any, at night to stay on track. Hopefully that can stay as-is so that my evenings can be for reading. In a choice that is probably stupid, I have chosen to let any and all books I read count toward getting new books, not just books from the book wall. Kindle, books I read for school, all of it. None of that is included in the book wall (which, as of right now, sits at 1228). The Book Wall is a literal wall, not a metaphorical one.

But hopefully being in this mindset and having this knowledge will help me, uh--not fall off the wagon this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post