another tbr stack

 

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
You guys, I cannot express how excited I am for this book. This is one of the most controversial books published in the last few years (it's the pedophilia book!), it's been compred to Lolita, , bro, I am fuckin pumped. So pumped! 

Fat Chance by Leslea Newman
This is a book from the 90s that features a girl with an eating disorder, or something? I don't know, it looked like a fun time. 

Your Favorite Band Cannot Save You by Scotto Moore
Not gonna lie, I threw this on the stack to keep out of the book wall because it is so damn short. But, I bought it because it sounded interesting--in the book, there's this new band on the scene that like... hypnotizes people? I am not sure what this book is about, to be completely honest, but if a book involves music I am probably going to be there.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
This is a re-read, but this is also one of my favorite books of all time, so I am so very excited to re-read it. Also, fun edition. Bright orange.

Columbiner by Aurora Dimitre
Hey, that's mine! This is my school shooting novella, so, that'll be a bright and cheery read. 

Killer Cults by Stephen Singular
I mean, I was down to read this when I saw the title, that's why I bought it (and at full price! Bitch came from Barnes & Noble!), but when I was doing my book haul I flipped through it and they counted Columbine copycat killers as a cult? What the fuck, bro, I'm in like, right now.

The Lone Gunhawk by Frank Gruber
Yeah, the book wall gave this one to me. 

And Then There Were Four by Nancy Werlin
This is a book that I picked up and put down about forty times when I worked at the library, eventually bought off of Book Outlet, and man, just seems interesting--these kids' parents are like, trying to kill them, or something? Not sure on the details. Looked fun. 

Big Little Lies by Lianne Moriarty
I found this absolutely gorgeous hardcover in a thrift store, and I was very excited then, and I'm excited now--I like domestic thrillers way more than I read them, and it was time to change that. 

Serial Killers with Cookies by Aurora Dimitre
Hey, another one of mine! You're just lucky I didn't also decide to throw OMSS and Circus Wings into this stack as well. Was very close to also picking OMSS, ngl, but this is my thrillerrr and it's real fun, I love the main character, it'll be fun to read in actual, physical format. 

Angels & Archangels by Damien Echols
See, I know that this is going to be pretty much bullshit, but you cannot keep me away from Damien Echols's writing, because I dunno, something about marinating on death row for eighteen years gave that man the prose of a god. Seriously--his memoir is one of my favorite books in the world, and I did read High Magick, which, yeah, I found to be pretty much bullshit, but I will read this, too, because he has some interesting ideas, even if they are... a little off-beat, and he expresses them in such a wonderful way, like, holy shit. 

Mirror Mirror by AG Cascone
Always in the mood for some knock-off Goosebumps. 

No Easy Answers by Brooks Brown (&some other guy that I'm blanking on)
We're a bit Columbine-heavy this time around, yeah. Um. This is Brooks Brown's Columbine book, Brooks Brown being, of course, an on-again off-again friend of the shooters, so I figured his testament would be an interesting one to read. Probably should've read this before writing/pubbing Columbiner, but, eh. 

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
I've heard this one's very dark, and I am very here for that.

West Side Story by Irving Shalman
I've never seen the musical! I grabbed this because it just tickled me that it was a cute little mass-market paperback book. 

Strange Women of the Occult by Warren Smith
When I worked at the library, some old guy donated a bunch of cool-ass paperbacks, of which this was one. Speaking of Damien Echols, this is what I like to call, "Books that would have been brought as evidence that Damien Echols killed three little boys because if he'd had the opportunity in 1993 he definitely would have checked it out from the library." 

Twenty by Debra Landwehr Engle
Won this one from Goodreads.

The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn, or something like that
I heard that this author is actually an awful white dude? I don't know, the book is supposed to be good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post