and winter

 As I'm typing this, I'm looking forward to a five-day weekend. Technically, it's a four-day weekend, but I have to get my new car fixed because the g'd security system decided that I'm stealing it and will not start (props to the junior that correctly guessed that it was an early-2000s Ford when I mentioned this in class), so I'm taking tomorrow off. Today we had snow. Friday, AKA, my last day with the Grand Marquis god damn it (props to the dude who bought the Grand Marquis today, now I am 800$ richer with that car completely gone from my life), we had snow.

Thursday--oh man, are we supposed to get snow

Here's my thing--I figure that this will not last long. After next week, man, we're going up to record highs until November, at least if we want to listen to our extended forecast. And I like to be optimistic (currently, while my Expedition is not wanting to start, I am driving an early-2000s Prius, so, not the optimal winter car), so I'm going to listen to my extended forecast.

But see, here's another thing: if Steven ends up student teaching at my school, which is more likely than not at this point, I've only got 34 winter driving days left. And hell, I really shouldn't count tomorrow. 

So I will be fine. I just, god damn it do I just hate winter driving.

It's almost like I shouldn't have taken a job forty-five minutes away, huh, Aurora. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post