starting a million series

If you've been keeping up with my self-publishing posts, and the steadily growing number of pages at the top of the blog, you will have noticed that, uh, I sure am starting a lot of series. Like, at the moment it's looking like... three?

(Spoiler alert, going up to the end of what I have planned out for my self-publishing, which is... summer of 2022, currently, is what I have rewritten books for, it's five)

But the thing is, all of these series have been finished. I mean, first draft wise. I mean, yeah, I'm currently working on book twos for all of them, for Pentalogy, for the SKWC one, for Tinon, which I have not announced but does have a goodreads page and a description up. These are all super different series, and they're all super different vibes. I mean, something for everyone.

I think we just really need to understand just how many first drafts and projects I have written out at least once. This is what my 'ORIGINAL WORK' folder looks like:

Just to be clear, the 'poetry' folder is not me writing poetry. The only folders that don't have at least one full novel or novella draft (or series, like, '80s Music', 'Aughts Boys', 'Pentalogy of Hell', 'Stupid-Ass Murders', and 'Tinon', and also 'Poetry'), are the 'Nonfiction' 'Short Stories' and 'Z' folders. 

Yes, 'Stupid-Ass Murders' is 'Abnormal Murders.' 

Last year in particular I wrote about a thousand first drafts. This year I'm holding strong--I'm meaning to quit on seventy first drafts a year and just do one a year. Just NaNoWriMo. If I run out of first drafts to rewrite and publish, sure, I'll give myself a year or two to just go completely fucking buckwild, you know? Just write first draft after first draft after first draft. That might be a fun thing--a first draft a month for a whole year. Hell yeah. 

But yeah. Once book two of Pentalogy gets rewritten, books three and four should come fast after, because the reason I have to rewrite book two is because I rewrote it so long ago. Books three and four don't have that problem, and book five I've started in on at least. I'm starting work on the sequel to SKWC. It's a fun, great time, and I write a lot of series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post