scheduling or just 'whatever'

 I forget which author it was, because I do follow quite a few self-published authors on Twitter, but, to make a long story short, I saw her tweet that she'd finished a book and now it was available to purchase on Amazon, and that really just got me thinking.

Apart from the fact that there will be a very quick release these next few months, followed by, probably, a much longer waiting period--why should I wait? This is fun, because I went from one book a year, to three, to 'we're just doing whatever we want' because 'Aurora' and 'self-control' are not really words that go together a lot of the time, so--

We're just doing whatever we want? Pretty much, keep an eye out for these books in the future: CIRCUS WINGS, the first in a fantasy trilogy about a lesbian princess with an environmental kick, ONE MORE SAD SONG, the first in a collection of companion novels about a kid who really is only concerned with skateboarding and also doubles as the stupidest main character I have ever written, I love you Zeke, and COLUMBINER, which is much more serious than these other two, because it's a novella about a kid who ends up getting wrapped up in a school shooting. 

So that's the next three coming out. Those are the ones I'm currently doing final passes on. After that I've got three more that I've rewritten to be able to get to 'just the final pass' stage, but I'm only doing three at a time, because more than that is a little bit overkill. 

And here is another thing--I think I'm done trying for traditional publishing. As I've been going on my self-publishing kind of journey, or whatever, I have realized: it is more important to me that my stuff is out there with the ability to be read than to have the professional validation that traditional publishing would bring. I don't care for professional validation. This is more fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day