8.5

I like walks. Last summer, if I had a day off, I would spend at least three hours a day just out for a walk--I had a couple of different routes I would go down, and sometimes if it was raining I'd cut them short, but not often.

Steven does not like walks. Steven runs, but running is dumb, and so I don't run.

Recently we've come to a good compromise--he rollerblades, I walk behind him, he loops around and has really only fallen down once, and that's because he was being dumb. And normally it's just a short walk; half an hour, maybe? These past few days, though, we've both had the days off, which is weird for us, normally we don't have any nights off together, but there it is--

So last night, Steven goes, let's go out to the highway, it'll be like, nine miles, and like an idiot, I was like, okay. This is after Sunday, where we pretty much almost circled town, a little bit; at least, we went in every quadrant, and it took 2 1/2 hours, up and down hills, stop at Petro for Mountain Dews and RockStars, stop at Pizza Corner to say hi to people, stop at Dairy Queen for blizzards.

So we went out on the airport road at about seven and we just started walking. The upside to this one was the lack of hills--the downside was there's no stops for anything to drink. As a walker, I was a little thirsty but I didn't really need anything, I could wait. We brought a water bottle and the last RockStar (on sale, 3 for something? at Petro, and the other two were long gone), and we went 4.25 miles out of town.

I went 4.25 miles out of town. With the looping back, he went about 5.

On the way back I opened up the RockStar. It fizzed up, because it had been jiggling around in my bag all day, and when I attempted to pour it into the water bottle so that he could have it while he skated around, I dumped it all over my arm, right next to a pretty big slough, so that was a fun time of 'Aurora is sticky and also covered in bugs, now.'

But the way back's always easier, and once we saw the Highway Dept it was doubly easy--that's almost home, at that point. We made it in under two and a half hours, which I thought was pretty good time.

Then I went to sleep before like, eleven thirty, which is. Amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post