the downside of a rotating to-do list

I never really got over having a to-do list of things to do. I still have roughly the same system that I did in college, except now I don't have deadlines, so instead of putting little asterisks by the things that need to get done today, Aurora, I just go in order.

First up on the order is: Upload MWF, Blog T-TH, Save Sa, Film Su. Everything else rotates. They're in a specific order, but they rotate. This is because normally I don't get shit done, even if I have a day off: par example, today, I don't work at all. But instead of doing anything I slept until nine (my boyfriend even got up before me, which is not a thing that ever happens; normally if he's awake earlier in the morning than I am, it's because he didn't go to sleep), and then we made breakfast, and then I put in laundry, and now it's almost one PM and I'm just starting to get shit done. I'm not mad about any of this, it was a nice morning.

But that's why I rotate, because if I didn't the same three things would get done every day.

The downside to this is that there are 'dud' sections, and all of my writing is in the same section, one after another. I have three projects going at any time: my main rewrite, my pet project, and Metallica project rewrites. So I'm going days at this point without working on my writing. I'm blaming part of this on Steven moving in, because now I get to be around him all the time when he's not working and I'm not working, except when he's working I'm not doing anything either, and it's not a 'be kind to yourself, pandemic' thing, it's that I'm used to cutting my productivity after supper, so I just don't do anything after supper. I could. Definitely I could be doing stuff. I think I'm going to start because now, with the first Pentalogy book out, I've got a little bit more of an inkling to work harder at my creative pursuits.

That's the plan, I think. We'll cut off at nine, now, not... four or five, and that gives me more hours, and that gives me more time to very very slowly work my way through that to-do list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post