so how's that book wall shrinkage going

Not fast but well is my general feeling on it. I haven't bought any books that I haven't earned; I've got a whole convoluted system for this just like I've got a whole convoluted system for everything. My goal is to get it under 900 by the end of the year, which doesn't sound like that lofty of a goal until you realize that I started at 964 and while I'm not buying a lot of books I'm still buying a few books.

March was a huge month for me, reading-wise. I finished War and Peace and proceeded to plow my way through eighteen other books that month. April's a little more conservative--I'm at nine, and while I bet I could finish The Institute before the end of the day, I don't think I'm going to go for it. Nine is an all right number for me. Based on my restrictions, I can buy three books this month. Don't try to figure out how many books I need to read to buy one because it is completely random book-by-book, any number between one and five.

But I think it's going well! I think it does help that I am unable to go to thrift stores, currently, and unable to go to bookstores, and unwilling to go to Wal-Mart. So the only book shopping I'm doing is online, and while I am very tempted every time a Book Outlet e-mail shows up in my inbox, I've stayed away. I've just been buying too much other shit at this point, but that's gotta stop, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day