oh how the mighty fall

It was February 16th the last time I ordered. I'd just filmed my top 2019 books/movies/album, and was feeling the need for some more Clive Barker--this was before I started my book buying restrictions, so I bought a lot of four Clive Barker books. Then I didn't touch eBay for two and a half months.

We're in a weird state right now. Cases are continuing to climb in places like Bismarck and Fargo (mostly Fargo), but the rest of the state is, pretty much, staying steady. One of my coworkers had symptoms back in February, she got two other coworkers sick, and now nobody we work with has gotten it, so we're thinking that probably we just infected the entire town back in February, and maybe that's why the county's not doing so bad? I know you can get it twice, but she had all the symptoms.

It's slowed down. The first couple weeks were slow, it started building, came to a crest last week, and last night was slow. Monday is free pop night, and Monday is never slow, and I hate Mondays, and sometimes if someone comes in at 9:30 and orders four larges, I do not want to give them twenty-four cans of pop and empty out my pop cooler. We're supposed to be opening the lobby again on Friday. More guidelines will be given today.

But last night was slow. We had nothing after eight, practically. We were down to one counter, oven, one kitchen and both drivers by nine.

So I went on eBay.

Don't get me wrong--I've been bidding. I just haven't been like, mega-into making sure I win the auctions. There have been a lot of items I bid once on, get outbid, and kind of just shrug and move on with my life. I've been staying away from anything that has a 'buy it now' option. Right now, I've got bids out on two tape lots and also a PlayStation Vita--I used to have a PSVita, in high school (yes, it was to play Dangan Ronpa), and I still have my games, I'm pretty sure (I only had Dangan Ronpa, Dangan Ronpa 2, and Persona 4), and my charger, but the Vita itself broke.

And I offered for a tape lot. It's a lot of six tapes that has some shit in it I really want--namely, a non-bootlegged copy of Rust in Peace.

And then I was like--one more. I always want a vinyl of Megadeth's "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" and I haven't bought one yet. Still haven't. Instead I found a CD that was signed by Marty Friedman. Slowly building my Megadeth signature collection--this'll add to the David Ellefson signed vinyl "Wake Up Dead" single.

I'm hoping I can knock it the fuck off. While I've been staying away from eBay before last night, Hot Topic has been getting far too much of my money lately. I'm hoping to stay away from it all. This is mostly just to try and bandage the hole that not being able to go to a thrift store has left in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post