immediate tbr 4-23-2020

So, I took some books out of the book wall last night. By 'some' I mean, 'a lot', and so--upcoming tbr for... a while, TBH.

Dumplin by Julie Murphy
I believe I bought this from Wal-Mart around the time the movie was going to be coming out? I have a handful of very hyped YA books from the past couple years hanging around, and I expect this to be a pretty fast read if nothing else.

The Institute by Stephen King
No, I haven't read The Institute yet. I'm getting there.

Sleepless by Lou Morgan
This was sent to me by Sarah Hall, who subscribes to my channel and leaves the best comments, always--it's apparently a pretty good YA horror, so I'm pretty pumped for what it's going to bring to the table.

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
This is a re-read, I have read the entire Maze Runner trilogy. But I had it in the Wall, and it came up.

Out of the Madhouse by Christopher Golden and Nancy Holder
This is a Buffy the Vampire Slayer novel. I watched I think the first two seasons of Buffy before they took it off Netflix? I enjoyed it.

IT by Stephen King
Of course this is a re-read, I just thought it was time.

Everything Below the Waist by Jennifer Block
Goodreads win: also nonfiction about women's reproductive health, or something like that?

If I Did It: Confessions of the Killer by OJ Simpson, Published by The Goldman Family
This is the OJ Simpson book! This is the OJ Simpson book! This is the OJ Simpson book!

Deathcaster by Cinda Williams Chima
Read: the finale to what is possibly my favorite YA fantasy series (or maybe fantasy series in general???) ever. I love Evan and if he doesn't come out of this happy I will riot.

The Curse of the Leo by Robert Lory
Horrorscope! This is the last Horrorscope that I own, I know there's one other floating around there somewhere that I'm going to have to get my hands on sometime. I'm hoping it leans more toward The Revenge of Taurus rather than Gemini Smile, Gemini Kill, but I did enjoy both.

Full Tilt by Neal Shusterman
Nothing I've read by Shusterman has come close to Unwind yet, but he's good. Excited for this one.

Night Film by Marisha Pessl
This one was very popular a few years back, and it looks like a very ingenious thriller. Excited to see what it brings to the table.

Thinner by Stephen King
One of my favorite King books, tbh? This is a re-read. I know it's got some problems and probably would be crucified today, but it's just so goofy and fun and I love it a lot.

For a Mother's Love by Lee Butcher
One of the first true crime books I ever bought, and it promptly sat in the book wall for years. Finally it is time.

Foxfire by Joyce Carol Oates
Oates always has very interesting concepts--this one is a bout a girl gang and I think it takes place in like, the fifties or something? I really enjoyed Blonde, hopefully this one is good, too.

The Thing Happens by Terrence Rafferty
Nonfiction about writing about movies? The Wall gave it to me.

Rebel Talent by Francesca Gino 
Goodreads win no. 2! Finally I will be reading a book I won from Goodreads, I have so many of them in the Wall.

Weaveworld by Clive Barker
Because I figured my favorite book of 2020 had to be Barker, too? That's what happens every time I read something by Clive Barker.

Wanderers by Chuck Wendig
I love Wendig's prose (the Heartland trilogy honestly a+++) and this has been compared to The Stand. I'm in, I'm in.

The Stand by Stephen King
Also I am going to re-read The Stand.

The Damnation Game by Clive Barker
And if one Barker book wasn't enough--we gotta make it difficult on myself and read two in one year, very close together.

It's So Easy by Duff McKagan
Because there was one thing that this stack was missing, and that was a trashy musician memoir! Honestly, I feel weird if there's not at least one music-focused book every time I grab stuff out of the Book Wall, and it was Duff's turn, I guess. Well. Duff's turn no. 1, I have How To Be a Man in there, too.

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
A re-read of one of my favorite books.

Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike
This is a book that I read as a seven-year-old in my grandmother's basement... over and over and over. If I'm remembering right, one guy shoots himself in the dick! Excited to give it a re-read!

So that's what I'm going to be reading for the next while--don't know when I'll pull more books, probably not for a while, because this isn't even able to be one stack, I had to split it to two? Hopefully I can pick up the pace closer to March level, because April has been slow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post