secret's out

Last night, I told my mom that I'd sort-of-spur-of-the-moment self-pubbed Iscariot. She knew what I was talking about, because it's something I'd been working on for like a decade, almost, at this point, and she immediately purchased and shared it on Facebook.

So I actually tripled how many books I've sold now (not saying I've sold all that much), which is good, but part of me can't help but be a little nervous. For some reason, the thought of a complete stranger reading it doesn't really bother me, but people who know me, or worse, vaguely know me, like distant relatives--it's weird. I mentioned to my boyfriend last night: "I hope they only purchase, don't read." I didn't share it to Facebook for this exact reason.

Okay, two exact reasons, the other reason is that I have my creative writing professor from college on Facebook and I am not sure how much I want him to be aware of. I know that he doesn't think much of self-publishing, and I don't really care other than the fact that I don't want him to think that I've given up on traditional publishing, which I haven't, I just have different projects for different publishing tracts, you know? This project: best suited for self-pubbing.

But it's out there now. I mean, it's been out there for two weeks, but it's out to my friends and family now, so that's what's going on here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day