jay & silent bob reboot

I'm gonna start this off by saying that dear God I'm never going to an event in the middle of winter again, except I might be going to KISS in Grand Forks later this month, I dunno, but dear fucking lord dear fucking lord dear fucking lord.

Last Thursday, the Jay & Silent Bob Reboot Roadshow was in Fargo. That's the thing where Kevin Smith shows up so, yes, I did see Kevin Smith live and that was fucking wild. I met up with a couple of my old college roommates and we had supper and then went down to the Fargo Theatre to watch the movie and then watch Kevin Smith (??????!!??!?!?!!) talk at us for a while, and then it took me an hour and half to make what is normally about a forty-five minute drive, because the fog was so fucking thick that at points I was going forty MPH on the interstate.

The movie itself was a lot of fun. It did a really good job at capturing the... spirit of the original, we'll say, but yeah, it was more emotional. And I did really love all of the little references to everything, which was awesome, as well as the end, post-credits scene which I will not spoil but was beautiful and amazing and I loved it.

Then there was the Q&A, otherwise known as 'an hour for four questions because Kevin Smith takes seven side-tracks on each question and each question takes over ten minutes to answer', which was a fun time. He is a funny guy--not that everyone doesn't already know that, it's Kevin fucking Smith, but it was just--it was wild. I have seen so many cool fucking people perform over the past year: between this and fucking Slayer (and, I guess. Theory of a Deadman, who were the band behind my very first favorite song), it's just. Jesus.

Also, uh--Guns'n'Roses is one of the only fucking bands doing a stadium tour this year that's stopping in Fargo, and so even though they're missing like, my two favorite original members, uh. Someone might be seeing Guns'n'fucking'Roses in August.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post