i did it, guys, i got a spotify

This doesn't mean I got rid of my cassettes, or that my portable music still isn't cassettes, because that would be WRONG, that just means Amazon Prime was being a bitch, and also I was planning on stopping paying for it when the renewal date comes around because that's like 120$ i don't want to spend for, honestly, at this point, mostly music, and also I was sick of dealing with YouTube for when I want to listen to music in the shower.

Because, like, I use my phone for shower music, I ain't lugging my big tape recorder in there to plug it in so that I can listen to a tape out loud.

I will say, I do like it. I like that they make playlists for me. I like that they let me listen to "Master of Puppets", which Amazon Prime Music didn't let me do, because that and like, "St. Anger" were the two Metallica albums it didn't have. I also like that now, because I'm not just hitting play on what was, honesty, my massive Amazon Prime Music library since I've been cultivating it for like five years, I don't get all that pop shit that I sometimes drifted toward in earlier years.

I'm not getting rid of my tapes, or my records, or my CDs, though--I mean, sure, I'll cull my tapes every now and then because I get them in lots and you never know what's going to come in a lot, which you really only buy for one or two tapes and the rest are just, hopefully, good (in terms of good surprises lately: Heathen and Loudness, neither of whom I'd ever heard of, both of which came in a lot that I bought for "Girls Girls Girls", both of which I love a lot). But Spotify's like, pretty chill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post