i know i'm thirty years late to the party but like

^
 |
That should pretty much be my motto, or precede all of my sentences at least.

So I'm into Metallica. This is not one hundred per cent why I'm putting that as the title, because even if they've been around for a while they're like, still mega-popular, so that's not really what I'm getting into.

So my favorite album is Master of Puppets because I'm not a monster. Apart from being pretty much the best fucking thing to whirr through my Walkman, MOP is also notable for being the last album the late Cliff Burton played bass on. Some of his writing was still on ...And Justice For All, I think, but the last one he played on was MOP.

For those of you don't know, Cliff Burton died in a bus accident in Europe while they were touring. He was twenty-four.

Twenty-four.

This is why I say I'm late to the party, because, dude died in 1986 and people have been depressed about this since 1986 but the fact is just like, just hitting me. I mean, I've known since I started getting into the band and realized, wow, there are like three different bass players throughout the years, and then you read in comments about Cliff and then you finally bite the bullet and look it up and are like "oh." But it's tragic. Twenty-four years old, that's like, two years older than me, counting the fact that I'll be twenty-two this coming year. Apart from the fact that he did some killer shit on bass, twenty-four. Twenty-four and incredibly loved.

Like, fuck, man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post