reading watching listening 3-22-19

READING
Parkland by Dave Cullen, AKA the dude who wrote Columbine, which I read a few years ago. Columbine was good, Parkland is better. Sentence looks bad outta context. But the thing with Parkland is that it's very much a sequel to Columbine in the way that Cullen writes it, at least it is so far; he's comparing it to his experience in writing Columbine (and, in fact, the intro has some about how much writing Columbine fucked him up), and you can definitely see where he's grown as a writer. Also, I've only read a chapter at a time at this point, and each one has made me tear up, so I can look forward to bawling my eyes out, I think.

WATCHING
Season one of The O.C.. I know, I know, shitty early aughts drama TV. Not superbly written, especially when it comes to the dialogue, but it's been surprisingly well-acted so far, especially with the main kid, he's actually really good. And some interesting character choices have been made. I'm only three episodes in, I found the DVD set at Goodwill, but I'm digging it, man. Episode three made me cry a little. Starting to think I'm just an emotional person.

LISTENING
Okay, so, obviously Master of Puppets, but other than that, one thing I wanna mention is Rust in Peace, which I listened to for the first time a couple days ago and holy fuck are those guitar parts phenomenal. It's such a good album. Again, refer to 'thirty years late to the party but--', because, well, yeah, but holy shit why did nobody tell me that album was so good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post