it is OFFICIALLY spring

I mean, even beyond the 'technically on the calendar spring started last Wednesday.'

I go for walks every morning. Every morning, when it's, you know, not twenty below, I get up early specifically so I can put on my Walkman and go wander around for an hour or two. I've been doing this for a couple straight weeks after winter, as it's been in the twenties and thirties (and near-fifty tomorrow? what the FUCK), and every time my hair freezes. This is because I'm dumb and just jump out of the shower and into my clothes and grab my Walkman and go, but also because it's below freezing and so like, water freezes, I'm not here to teach you science I don't even know science.

But this morning, man--nothing. I don't even have over-the-ear headphones right now, because mine broke, so I'm on earbuds (gotta say, something very wrong about plugging Apple earbuds into a Walkman), and no frozen hair. I don't wear a hat, because I'm North Dakota Dumb, and no frozen hair.

No frozen hair.

I'm calling that officially spring. I'm calling when you can go outside with wet hair and not have it freeze solid spring. One downside, though, that is what I have been using to style my hair every day, is the wind and whatever the cold freezes it into, because then I have some interesting things going on, but I guess that's over now. But whatever. It's spring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post