the stand remake

So I'm re-reading The Stand right now, and as I'm reading the chapter where Nick meets Tom, I get to thinking--hey, aren't they remaking the movie? Wouldn't Timothee Chalamet be like, a really good Nick?

So I got to thinking about other possibilities, because the only thing we know about this movie is  'it might be happening', so here, have my Stand remake fancast.

Timothee Chalamet: Nick Andros
This is a really far cry from Rob Lowe's Nick, but Chalamet is like, real close to the book description of Nick, and he seems... really hot right now. Like boy's in everything. I have seen none of his movies but I trust this little French-American boy. 

Ross Lynch: Lloyd Henreid
RIP Miguel Ferrer, you might not have really been what the book described Lloyd as, but your "what the fuck have I gotten myself into" expressions really, really made your performance in the original miniseries the best thing in the world. But Ross Lynch is pretty exact to Lloyd in the book--and also, since he did such a good Dahmer, we know he can do villainous, we know he can do things outside of his Disney Channel start. 

I don't care they're just going to have to get Gary Sinise for Stu again, because Gary Sinise just is Stu Redman, and I can't think of anyone else who could play him. 

Matthew McConaughey: Randall Flagg
Was The Dark Tower movie bad? Yes. Was that the fault of the actors? No. Would it be really funny to just put McConaughey in as Flagg again? Also yes.

Ezra Miller: Larry Underwood... or Harold Lauder?
Miller's like, a little too old for Harold Lauder (and too good-looking) but he would do a really, really good Lauder. Or he'd be a good Larry Underwood. He could do either, to be honest. Or both. Both is good.

Lily Rabe: Nadine Cross
I don't like Nadine. Lily Rabe could make me like Nadine.

And I think that's all I've got. I know, I know--missing Fran, and Mother Abigail, and like, a whole bunch of other people, but that's what I stole off of my Twitter that I'd already thought up last night, so feel free to add, man. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post