holy shit it's cold

So, I'm in NoDak, which means I am right in the middle of that Arctic Death Wave or whatever they're calling it (today and tomorrow wind chill brings us to about -60, which is, even for NoDak, A Little Cold), and both my school and my work called off. Which is kind of amazing to me, honestly, if I've learned anything growing up with North Dakota, it is that We Do Not Call Off For The Weather Unless Someone Has Died Do You Think We're Pussies Or Something.

But I guess even -60 is like, a lot. Nothing's called off officially yet for tomorrow--though it's supposed to be the same--but I don't work that day anyway so I don't care, though I guess if school doesn't get called off I should maybe wear gloves between classes, or something (and MAYBE I should get a real winter coat at some point, because I have a lot of jackets but my heaviest coat is a leather jacket with some padding in it, it's chill tho). And I should probably wear my hat instead of just using my headphones as earmuffs.

I mean, I make fun of North Dakotans for wearing shorts in Too Cold Weather, but I am kind of the same way, now that I'm JUST starting to consider mittens. I mean, I have driving mittens because the steering wheel is cold, and I wear those, but I don't wear gloves. Mostly I just stick my hands in my pockets (which also helps when I Refuse To Zip My Coat Because I Want To Show Off My Dumb Band Shirts) and curse myself for not wearing mittens. I do have a good pair of mittens. One of those that you get at like TSC, the ones with wool on the inside. The yellow style you see on farm guys and usually have oil stains.

But it doesn't matter today, because I'm not going to leave the dorm. My dorm room, maybe the heater doesn't like, quite work right (I have the thermostat set to a literal 95 degrees and like, it's still a little chilly), but it works a little, and now that they have the air conditioner covers on (which they literally just did, so, good job you said you were going to do this over Thanksgiving break but it's chill, it's chill) I'd say it's settled at a good 65 degrees, but I have fuzzy socks, so it's chill, it's chill.

Either way, hope my car starts on Thursday (we're back to a much more reasonable 0/-6), and whatever happens, it's supposed to hit 25 (POSITIVE! POSITIVE 25!) on Saturday, so there Is A Light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post