i love metal that loves stephen king

So, I got a couple packages of new tapes from Ebay yesterday, and one of the packages was pretty much exclusively Anthrax tapes. I love Anthrax, I think they're fun, and one thing that I really, really like about Anthrax is how much they love Stephen King.

Scott Ian. How much Scott Ian loves Stephen King.

But, anyway, one of the tapes was just a collection of b-sides and live recordings and stuff like that, which I'm down for, but the thing that really got me about that one was the fact that they addressed it to "Constant Listener," which is straight Stephen King talk ("Constant Readers" are what he calls us), and that was just. It was beautiful, I loved it, it is so easy to make me happy, those two words just made my day.

I mean, that and the fact that I'd just gotten twelve new tapes.

I'm not like I was when I was fourteen anymore; I don't only read Stephen King. I don't even read Stephen King that often (she says, sixteen days into the new year, having already re-read The Stand) (which, by the way, inspired Anthrax's "Among the Living"), but I do honestly think he is still definitely my favorite author. I don't give a shit if he's, in his own words, "the literary equivalent of a Big Mac & fries", because he's fantastic. I love Stephen King.

And I don't just like Anthrax because they like Stephen King. I like Anthrax because they're kinda goofy sometimes, you know; Megadeth also is but I don't think that's on purpose. I like Anthrax because you keep having to check the tapes before you play them because you forgot which lead singer is it right now? Also Frank Bello in the late eighties/early nineties looked like Adam Sandler if Adam Sandler was good-looking, so that's in your head forever now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post