moving on

 This is my last year teaching.

We turned in our resignation letters before last week's school board meeting, so it is common knowledge now, especially as, you know, children of school board members walk into class like, "So you're dipping next year, huh?" 

I never intended to be a teacher. I mean, I didn't get a degree, or anything, and this is making it so I don't have to actually get a real teaching license, which is nice. I have gotten a huge fucking ego boost over the past week or so, though, as it spreads. One of my freshmen wrote a writing day about how much she doesn't want me to leave. The eighth graders fucking rioted when they learned that their English and Math teachers are leaving. 

I don't know what I'll do next. Maybe I'll get into remote stuff. Maybe I'll do something basic and low-paying so I can focus on reading and writing--not like that has, uh, taken a backseat with teaching, because I have read like, 129 books so far this year and it is only March. I don't know. We'll be moving from one of the largest cities in North Dakota (not that that is saying very much, lol) to a much smaller one. We'll see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post