dry spell

 I haven't published anything yet this year. I realize it is only March, but I'm just saying, if I want to keep up my six books a year thing--I've gotta get cracking. And I know why I haven't published anything this year. It's because I went back to working on more than one project at once. 

Last year, I did one project at a time and it worked very well, but then after I finished Hit or Miss, the project that came up was the third Tinon book and so when February came around, I added a new one. And then March, and I added another one. In five days when April starts... well, you know the drill.

But! This is how each of the projects are going. 

Bandit Born, the third Tinon book, is currently sitting at about 39,000 words. My rough goal is 75,000, but the real important thing to note is that I am on chapter 33 and have 50 + epilogue planned. So I am over halfway done. We will see if I go over 75k, or under... the first two Tinon books were 47k and 43k, respectively.

Sunset, the final Vendettic book, is the book I feel like I will finish the soonest. I am on chapter 25 and I have 29 planned, so... we're very much nearing the end. It will be relatively short but they are all novellas, so that's not too out of the ordinary for the series.

Until I Fall Away, the fifth Aughts boys book. I have somewhere around 11k written on this one. I think it'll be longer than the 50k I have roughly planned out. I do not organize my outlines by chapters for the Aughts Boys books, just because I like to give them more freedom, so I don't know. I am still on the first page of my outline. 

Next month, I start the rewrite of New Match, which is the first in a duology (? could be more). We'll see how long that one takes me.

I did also, despite my best efforts, start a new Aughts Boys first draft, so book thirteen in the series will officially be focused on Jack Williams.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day