winter

 So this March has been rough. 

Blizzards, wind, Steven's defrost broke a couple of weeks ago and we were like, hey, it's March, there can't be THAT MUCH MORE WINTER WEATHER, RIGHT???, and that was dumb, of course we can have that much more winter weather, it's still March. Last week we had two in-person days. Two, out of five. Because. Of. Winter weather. 

I just want it to be summer outside. At this point my threshold for summer mostly means "not actively snowing and maybe like forty-five degrees out", so like, I'm not asking for eighty here. I'm asking for spring, but in my heart I say summer because I mostly really want it to be summer so I can go walk around a bunch. We're supposed to get another five inches of snow this coming week. Please, for the love of everything that's holy, let it miss us like this last batch. Last week we were supposed to get three or so inches and we ended up just getting wind. The wind did drift in all the roads and shut down the state, but in town it was nice because there was no new snow and so it just stuck everyone in their towns which made it so we couldn't go to school because the school is rural and is in a town with 100 people and I think roughly 12 students would have been there (I'm being optimistic here) and also the one teacher who lives in town. I would not have been there. I would have been stuck in neighboring town. 

But I just. I just want it to end, now, please. Let's end. Let's get spring. And part of me is like, okay, it's almost the end of March, so it can't be that much more, knock on wood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

bandit born + graduation day