since we're looking back..

 where the hell did that weird 'let's make an overcomplicated Plan for everything' come from? Everything else I managed to shove onto a deeply flawed teenage boy in whatever media I was obsessed with at the point, so where did my Plans come from? 

Does the fact that I'm capitalizing Plan help? 

It was Gary fucking Barkovitch from the Long Walk, by Stephen King. I still consider this book to be my favorite book, because it's fantastic, and also, the last time I read it, re-read it I mean, it hit me how fucking young all of these kids are and so I almost cried, but for the longest time and also again, Gary Barkovitch was my favorite character. You know, the little racist asshole who immediately alienates everyone else on the Walk. 

But the thing is. He has a Plan. And this isn't just 'don't get shot,' it's obviously a deeply complicated Plan that makes sense to nobody but him. Case in point: the 'rest' that he took at the beginning of the Walk. Why did he do that? Is it because he 'likes it at the edge of nothing', or is it because he has a stupid fucking Plan? Maybe both. 

But I have Plans. Oh, I have Plans. The most obvious comparison is my several attempts at the Book Wall Shrinkage which, at this point is in a 'give up, buy whatever you want' stage. In case you were wondering. I have over 1400 books in the book wall. Kill me now. 

But that's not the only thing. Everything needs a system, and a Plan, and a Way To Get Shit Done That Is Completely Unnecessary. Because Barkovitch, just don't get shot. Make that your fucking Plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post