keeping productivity with an actual job

 I'm not like, denigrating my former job. I loved Pizza Corner, and I got a lot of great stuff out of that job, including, but not limited to: a boyfriend, cheap pizza for ten months, an active, on-your-feet work environment, and, honestly, I did enjoy most of the people I worked with.

But now I'm a teacher.

And when I say productivity, I mean my creative productivity. Because that's what really matters to me, right? Like, I might not teach past this year but I will always be writing. And if you've been keeping up to date on what I've been doing, I've been self-publishing like crazy. I put out five books this year. Depending on when I get done with number six, it might be seven. It might be eight. Who even knows anymore?

So, here's the thing.

I've just made a deal with myself: the first three things off of my to-do list a day. If I have time, I'll work on something else, but the to-do list, minus the first item, always rotates. The first item stays static, and it goes like:

MWF: Upload

T/Th: Blog

Sat: Save

Sun: Film.

Obviously, I film other times than Sunday, but this ensures I'm at least filming one video a week. Other than that, we rotate. Today my schedule looks like: Blog | Film | Pentalogy 1 2 3 4 5 (Which indicates that I have to write five pages of the next Pentalogy book, Forty Days). Yesterday, it looked like Upload | Crucify 1 2 3 4 5 | Film. 

I make time. It's easier when Steven works, but even if he doesn't, he's got homework to do, Steven, you should be doing that instead of napping! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post