finally free of leo tolstoy

I finished War & Peace on Sunday.

I'd wanted to finish it before February was over, but March 1st is like, practically as good (plus, bonus, that means I can count it as a 'books read in March' which means I can put it in my weird convoluted book buying restriction/ban/whatever I've got going on), and I'm done. It took me a month to get through. And while that might sound reasonable, considering it's like, 1400 pages long, with tiny print, and Tolstoy just talking and talking like he's Victor Hugo or something, but that's. A whole month on one book.

As someone who has read Stephen King's It in four days, that's a lot.

Since finishing War & Peace, though, I've finished two other books. It is amazing how fast you can finish books when they are not 1400 pages long. As I mentioned up there--also going through a book buying ban, slash receiving, because I have found my number of books where I say, "Aurora, this is enough" and that number is 964. I'm not kidding, that's how many unread books I had at the beginning of March. The idea that I was going to hit a thousand really hit me and I was like, "Aurora, this is enough."

So that's going well. I stopped entering Goodreads giveaways and have a dumb little notebook. I've got a couple of straggling Goodreads wins coming in, ones that I won before I stopped entering, and also I'm sure there are still some ongoing giveaways that I have already entered. But if I want to buy any books this month, I'm gonna have to read sixteen more. And then I can only buy six total. It's a whole convoluted dumb thing, because all of my systems are convoluted and dumb.

But yeah. I'm free of Leo Tolstoy, finally.

At least until the book wall gives me Anna Karenina. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post