Senior Year, All Right

Yesterday, I started off my senior year of college. I don't really have all that many classes left to take--mostly a couple of generals, plus a few French classes so that my minor can scrape through. I finished all of my major classes last semester. My history minor is done. I never actually declared a creative writing minor, but I'll graduate with one, so that's pretty cool.

For my senior year, I'm living in a dorm that's full of mostly sophomores. This is because this dorm has single rooms, and that appealed to me, even though that does mean that I have to go back to communal bathrooms, which, let me tell you, a little bit to get used to after two years of not having to deal with it. But I don't mind. This is the first time I've had my own room since before my little sister was born, so like... twelve, thirteen years. And it is very nice, let me tell you. I've slept in it for three days and I really like having my own room. Mostly because I get up at six in the morning and am normally in bed by ten or eleven, so I don't have to worry about waking people up or kicking them out when I want to be sleeping.

I'm also in a psych class with a lot of freshman. This isn't a class that I have to take, I was just looking to fill up my schedule and was like, "meh, I could go for more psych." It's a little weird. Yesterday, when I sat down, the girl who sat next to me asked if I was a freshman and I had to be like, "no, i'm a senior" so now I'm one of those people.

I don't feel like it's my last year of college. I'm twenty-one, I can legally drink, if I wanted to, I could just get in my car and drive away and never come back. I could do that. Or I could drive off for a weekend. I am an actual adult. Once I graduate, I'm getting an apartment in town so I can keep working at the library and maybe figure my life out. I don't want to stay in North Dakota forever, I know that much.

Other than that, I don't know.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post