Post-Draft Slump

I don't believe in slumps when it comes to reading or writing in the 'I'm just blocked, I can't do it' sense, because I'm more of the belief that that's complete bullshit and you can if you actually tried, but I believe in a 'I don't know what to do' slump. This is more specifically writing-related, because this tends to hit me whenever I finish a draft of something.

Especially my most recent project that I finished a draft of--it's a book that I worked on a lot in a relatively short period of time, and now that I've finished draft four (which I am now querying instead of going through again), I'm at a loss. Do I start (or... finish, I've already got one started) a new first draft? Do I continue working on a rewrite? Do I write a short story? Do I work on my for-fun project?

I've been mostly working on my for-fun project, which is not very productive. My for-fun project is mostly just what I scribble on whenever I need to just keep in practice.

So that's something that's been rolling around in my brain lately--what to do next. I have four open projects, so it should probably at least be related to one of those, but...

We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

obligatory new year blog post